A new app called Evi has just been released in the App Store that aims to bring Siri-like functionality to non-iPhone 4S devices, which makes use of Nuance’s voice recognition technology like Siri and True Knowledge’s engine.
Here’s what developers – True Knowledge have to say about Evi:
Evi is the revolutionary artificial intelligence here to help with all of your everyday information needs.
Unlike a search engine, which simply looks for matching words and shows you a list of websites, Evi understands what you want to know and gives back exactly what you’re after.
Need to know where the nearest bank is? Not a problem. Going out for dinner but can’t decide where? She can help with that too. The more you ask, the more she will learn, and thus she is improving all the time.
Evi comes with the following features:
- Voice or text input – Chat to Evi in plain English and she will understand
- Local information for UK and USA – Shopping, news, dining and more. Evi knows where you are and gives answers based on your location
- One tap words – Allowing you to build your question super-fast
- Built in browser – No need to swap to a different browser, view web links within Evi’s app
- A learning and adapting intelligence – Rate Evi’s answers to help her learn more about the world
- More than a search engine – Evi takes the searching out of search, able to review and compare nearly a billion facts from her database to give you exactly what you need
I don’t think it will be better than Siri but I do have high hopes for this app. However, I don’t recommend any one pay $0.99 for it just yet. Currently there are major issues with Evi. The servers seem to be down and nothing really works. Stay tuned with iPhone Informant for more updates in the near future.
If you found this post useful, hit the +1 (recommend) button ?