The wait is finally over! Absinthe 2.0 has finally released and it only supports 5.1.1. If you are still on 5.1 or a lower firmware please udpate through iTunes so you can begin your 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak!
Absinthe 2.0 supports the following devices:
iPad 3 / 2/ 1
iPhone 4S / 4 / 3GS
Just like the origianal Absinthe, this jailbreak is super easy. No need to enter DFU mode or do anything tricky. It might be helpful to save a back up of your device to save everything so follow the tutorial below.
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
If you found this post useful, hit the +1 (recommend) button ?